Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.
Brewer: Stone Brewing
- Other Brands:
- More Stone Brewing Products
- United States - Escondido, California
- The All-Time Top Brewery on Planet Earth. The most popular and highest rated brewery ever.--BeerAdvocate Magazine
Shelf Tags for Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard
Style: American Barleywine
- American Barleywines are typically a hoppy version of their English counterparts, the English Barleywine. American Barleywines are typically very strong beers, rich in malt that also contain generous amounts of American hops, which give American Barleywines a pine or citrus hop character, typical of the American hop strain.
The term Barleywine is a reference to the high degree of alcohol that these beers normally contain. In most instances, beers with less than 9% alcohol by volume are not considered barleywines.
American Barleywines will age rather well, though the aroma and flavor of the hops will dissipate over time.
- Browse American Barleywine