Ten years ago, John Maier introduced to the world his best friend and and beloved dog, Brewer. It was also the year he created this doppel winter ale. An intense, hoppy brew that will warm even the frostiest of toes. Third in the "Anniversary" series.
Brewer: Rogue Brewing
- Other Brands:
- More Rogue Brewing Products
- United States - Newport, Oregon
- Rogue Ales continues to enjoy the recognition of its professional peers for quality, innovation, and dedication to the perfection of the craft of brewing. These awards are a tribute to our inestimable brewmaster, our dedicated staff, and the Rogue tradition of excellence in small batch brewing. Dedicated to the Rogue in each of us.
Shelf Tags for Rogue Brewers Ale
Style: American Barleywine
- American Barleywines are typically a hoppy version of their English counterparts, the English Barleywine. American Barleywines are typically very strong beers, rich in malt that also contain generous amounts of American hops, which give American Barleywines a pine or citrus hop character, typical of the American hop strain.
The term Barleywine is a reference to the high degree of alcohol that these beers normally contain. In most instances, beers with less than 9% alcohol by volume are not considered barleywines.
American Barleywines will age rather well, though the aroma and flavor of the hops will dissipate over time.
- Browse American Barleywine