Mo-Jo: 1: A magic spell or charm; magical power; 2. Herbaceous ale that summons hop attacks.
Pale in color but packed with flavor, MoJo reflects the perfect balance of hop bitterness and malt character. The unique Amarillo hop adds a slight citrus flavor to an ultra-crisp dry finish.
Brewer: Boulder Beer Company
- Other Brands:
- More Boulder Beer Company Products
- United States - Boulder, Colorado
- Boulder Beer Company was founded in 1979 when two University of Colorado professors applied for and received the 43rd brewing license in the United States. At that time, it was Colorado's first and only microbrewery - there are now more than 1,700 breweries in the US and over 100 in Colorado. Today, the brewery produces some of the most flavorful beers in the world, including Hazed & Infused Dry-Hopped Ale and MoJo India Pale Ale.
- www.facebook.com/pages/Boulder-Beer-Co/370049 »
Shelf Tags for Boulder Beer Mojo IPA
Style: American IPA
- Like other American-ized versions of English style beers, the American India Pale Ale (IPA) differs from it's English counterpart in it's strong use of American style hops. Generally stronger in bitterness and characterized by a grapefruit and/or citrus flavor, American IPA's are near the high end of the bitterness scale among all beer styles.
Though today they are typically much stronger and more assertive than their English counterparts, the American IPA is likely to be closer to the original English IPA of the 18th century than current English versions. Over the years, the extreme hops and bitterness of the English version has been reduced to meet consumer demand, while the American IPA thrives on being an extreme dose of hops.
The American IPA is also distinguished by it's use of American hops, which are generally more citrusy in character than the typical earthy, English hop.
- Browse American IPA