This dangerously drinkable garnet beauty is a hop lover's delight. The intense dry-hop nose and the alcohol content are perfectly balanced for a caramel candy-like malt finish. This is a serious beer for serious beer aficionados and it only gets better with age. Cellarable for 3 years.
Brewer: Avery Brewing
- Other Brands:
- More Avery Brewing Products
- United States - Boulder, Colorado
- Since 1993 our brewery has been committed to producing eccentric ales and lagers that defy styles or categories. Our products are thoroughly American at heart: blending Old World tradition and expertise with ingenuity, creativity and boldness. We are dedicated to making beer from the inside out: we brew what we like to drink--with utter disregard for what the market demands-- and search out fans with equally eccentric palates (We learned long ago that expressing your true self is much more fulfilling than giving in to outside pressures. Don't you agree?) If you think your taste buds can keep up with our brews, we invite you to check out our entire lineup of more than twenty different beers. Peace to all and follow your dreams!
Shelf Tags for Avery Hog Heaven
Style: American Barleywine
- American Barleywines are typically a hoppy version of their English counterparts, the English Barleywine. American Barleywines are typically very strong beers, rich in malt that also contain generous amounts of American hops, which give American Barleywines a pine or citrus hop character, typical of the American hop strain.
The term Barleywine is a reference to the high degree of alcohol that these beers normally contain. In most instances, beers with less than 9% alcohol by volume are not considered barleywines.
American Barleywines will age rather well, though the aroma and flavor of the hops will dissipate over time.
- Browse American Barleywine